It’s almost time for FETC 2016! As always, the four-day event is a fantastic opportunity to greet past colleagues, meet prospective collaborators, and learn from the pros. At FETC you can get hands-on explorations of the latest hardware and software, and learn successful strategies for integrating technology across the K-20 curriculum. As always, the conference will be held in “The City Beautiful” – Orlando, Florida. From city attractions to workshops and the booths (don’t miss Mimio’s booth #835), here’s just a sampling of what you can expect:
- After a long day of learning, take advantage of one or more theme parks in “The Theme Park Capital of the World” (Orlando’s unofficial nickname). The Disney World and Universal Orlando resorts are just the beginning.
- Get a first look at the latest, most exciting gadgets, apps, hardware, and software in education technology during the fun and fast-paced TECHSHARE LIVE! session (back by popular demand).
- Pick the brains of technology thought leaders about emerging technologies and creative implementations during the IdeaFest interactive roundtable discussions.
- Have a chance to win a $30,000 classroom makeover, including 30 ThinkPad 11e notebooks, Microsoft Windows 10 software, 30 Stoneware licenses, and more.
- For more collaboration between peers, visit local hotspot Kings Orlando (AKA “The Classy Bowling Joint”) for bowling, billiards, bocce ball, and more – plus superb executive-chef-designed meals in an upscale, retro-inspired décor.
- Join a discussion with industry experts about the latest technologies and applications for advancing student achievement, and watch their demos during Learning Lab sessions. (You’ll also be entered to win $50 gift cards.)
- Learn from FETC’s STEM Excellence Award finalists and winners, as they present their winning programs.
- Join the third annual FETC Photo Walk, a 1.4-mile round-trip to Pointe Orlando via International Drive, where you can photograph the sights, collect goodies, and network along the way.
- Sign up for the inaugural FETC Edtech Karaoke event, a free party that brings attendees together for continued networking — and a lot of fun — outside of the convention center.
- Hear inspiring keynote speeches by the opening speaker, Reshma Saujani, founder and CEO of the Girls Who Code nonprofit; 2014 National Teacher of the Year Sean McComb; and astronaut/scientist/musician/photographer Leland Melvin, who will share his passion and advocacy for STEAM.
Don’t overlook the wide range of other valuable opportunities for all who attend FETC 2016: more than 400 sessions and workshops that focus on educators’ most pressing technology challenges and goals. In addition to exchanging techniques and strategies for teaching and learning success with colleagues, you’ll be able to meet face-to-face with vendors − like us − and ask questions.
Stop by Mimio’s booth #835 and see me give live demos of our newly updated MimioMobile™ collaboration and assessment app. In addition, we will be previewing new interactive technology that will leave you wide-eyed and excited. Learn more about what Mimio is offering at FETC 2016.
We hope to see you in Florida, but if you can’t make it, don’t worry. We will be recapping this show and the upcoming TCEA conference in the next few weeks. Check back to stay informed and up-to-date.