We’re on the verge of one of the largest education technology conferences in the United States. So, of course, everyone wants to know what the 2017 ISTE Conference & Expo will bring to the table.
The ISTE conferences offer countless opportunities to discover new ideas, network with fellow education professionals, and learn more about the latest and greatest trends in the educational technology industry. This year’s conference and expo will take place in Texas’ second most populous city, San Antonio. Between the workshops and expo offered at the conference and the opportunities to explore the city, here are the experiences you won’t want to miss so that you get the most out of ISTE 2017:
- Exploring the shops, restaurants, bars, and theaters along the world-famous San Antonio River Walk, which is easily accessible from the convention center by foot or river taxi.
- Attending the compelling opening keynote from Jad Abumrad, creator and host of the innovative public radio show, Radiolab.
- Learning to support your educational goals with relevant technology and practices through in-depth workshops.
- Joining the discussion around ISTE’s hottest EdTech trends, including innovative learning environments facilitated by the use of mobile devices in a multiple-device environment.
- Visiting one of San Antonio’s greatest historic gems and Texas’ most visited landmark, The Alamo.
- Discovering new education strategies through targeted leadership programming to help guide education transformation and empower your administrative team.
- Engaging in one of ISTE’s full-day immersion learning academies, where you can learn more about implementing iTools into your curriculum, trailblazing to meet your goals, and integrating makerspaces with an impact.
- Sampling the latest ISTE books as author experts share some of their favorite tools and pointers on gamification and coding, 1:1 implementation, and future-ready learning in the new interactive lecture Technology Tips, Tricks, and Hacks.
- Gathering tangible resources, contacts, and information for implementing innovative EdTech strategies in the classroom by exploring the expo hall.
- Attending the refreshed EdTekTalks, featuring an opening presentation from a musician who has used technology to develop an innovative curriculum.
ISTE 2017 will be filled with valuable opportunities for all who attend, from connecting with some of the most passionate people in the education technology industry to demonstrations and discussions of the latest and greatest products to hit the educational technology market. Some of the most anticipated topics that will be featured at the conference this year include innovative classroom design, STEM and STEAM implementation, and personalized learning.
.Many of these hot topics will be reflected at Boxlight’s ISTE exhibition booth (#1206), where we’ll be treating visitors to 7- to 10-minute mini-sessions that cover the key learning areas of whole-class instruction, collaboration, STEM, and assessment. The spotlight will be on our Mimio devices, and you’ll learn best practices for using them to facilitate all four learning areas in the classroom. A schedule of the sessions will be available on the ISTE pre-show information page.
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity, and be sure to stop by booth #1206 to get a sneak peek of Boxlight Mimio’s latest offerings, attend one of our learning sessions, or sign up for a personal demonstration!