Just weeks away from one of the country’s largest education technology conferences, everyone is eagerly awaiting ISTE 2018 and all of the opportunities it offers. ISTE is an amazing place for educators and administrators alike to discover new EdTech trends and products, network with fellow education professionals, and brainstorm and share creative ideas and best practices for implementing technology into the classroom.
This year’s conference and expo will take place in the third largest city in the US: Chicago, Illinois. Between the workshops and expo offered at the conference and the opportunities to explore the Windy City, here are the experiences you won’t want to miss to get the most out of ISTE 2018:
- Exploring Millennium Park in Downtown Chicago and taking a picture with the famed Cloud Gate sculpture, also known as “The Bean”
- Attending the compelling opening keynote from David Eagleman, a bestselling author, professor, speaker, inventor, and advisor who uses his knowledge of the brain to show how you can change your thinking and bring more creativity into daily life
- Learning to support your educational goals with relevant technology and practices through in-depth workshops
- Diving into an immersive hands-on learning experience with one of the new BYODex sessions, 90-minute sessions focused on exploring new resources or developing new skills through experiential activities using your own personal device
- Enjoying what Food Network and Bon Appétit proclaim to be one of the best cheeseburgers in America at Au Cheval
- Discovering new strategies through the targeted ISTE 2018 Leadership Exchange, designed specifically to help superintendents leverage technology to empower both students and educators
- Engaging in one of ISTE’s snapshot presentations, mini presentations on specific tools, solutions, and content providers that you’ve been wanting to learn more about
- Connecting and networking with over 15,000 attendees at the 2018 convention during hosted activities, meetings, and social events
- Exploring the ISTE expo hall with over 600 booths that offer product demos, tangible resources, and contacts to help implement innovative EdTech strategies in the classroom
- Immersing yourself in everything ISTE has to offer by joining one of the many sessions, BYODs, workshops, playgrounds, and learning academies, where new skills and practices can be learned through interactive and hands-on presentations
ISTE 2018 is anticipated to be one of the most valuable opportunities of the year for educators at all levels. It offers numerous chances to network with some of the most passionate people in the education technology industry, as well as share innovative ideas and best practices. The expo hall will be bigger than ever, giving you the ability to explore the latest and greatest products and companies dedicated to bringing technology into the classroom.
Creative innovation, collaboration, and classroom design are expected to be hot topics at ISTE 2018, as educators look for new ways to empower their students to take control of their learning and work together with their peers. These themes reflect in Boxlight’s ISTE exhibition, where the MimioSpace ultra-wide collaborative space and ProColor touch table will be demonstrated in engaging and interactive sessions led by tech experts and experienced educators. Boxlight will also be featuring additional devices designed to enhance STEM instruction and facilitate collaboration and assessment in the classroom. And finally, we’ll have district representatives from Atlanta (GA) Public Schools, Collier County (FL), and Woodhaven-Brownstown (MI) to share first-hand their individual tech integration success stories.
Remember, ISTE 2018 is a great way to connect with and learn from professionals in the education technology industry while also getting to visit one of America’s largest cities. There are countless opportunities to enjoy yourself both at and outside the conference!
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity, and don’t forget to stop by booth 1910 to get a sneak peek of Boxlight's latest offerings!