As we gear up for another great year at one of the largest education technology conferences in the U.S., everyone’s wondering what the 2015 ISTE Conference & Expo has in store. ISTE offers many opportunities to get inspired, meet colleagues, and learn about some of the most interesting trends in the educational technology industry. This year, the conference and expo will be held in the “City of Brotherly Love” – Philadelphia. From the sights of the city to the booths and workshops at the conference, here are ten things you surely won’t want to miss. Take note to enjoy the full experience of ISTE 2015:
- Eat a delectable classic Philly cheesesteak in the city for which it is named. Check out one of the locals’ favorite spots, Steve’s Prince of Steaks.
- Take advantage of extensive networking opportunities with nearly 18,000 educators and corporate representatives from all over the world.
- Finding inspiration in ISTE Ignite sessions, where presenters share ideas, tools and practices in just five minutes with 20 slides.
- Discover revolutionary digital learning strategies in the city where the world’s first computer was created. ISTE’s series of five mini-keynotes feature inventors, researchers, and social entrepreneurs who will inspire and intrigue those who attend.
- Watch the Philadelphia Phillies go head-to-head with the Washington Nationals and Milwaukee Brewers in their home stadium.
- Learn how to access the latest ed tech right from your wrist through cutting-edge apps for the Apple Watch and other hardware and software solutions from companies like Pearson, Dell, Microsoft, or any of the other 500 companies and 30 start-ups that are exhibiting this year.
- Join the discussion around ISTE’s hottest topics, including ways to incorporate BYOD into a flexible learning environment.
- Gather tangible resources, contacts, and information for implementing innovative ed tech strategies in the classroom by exploring the expo hall.
- Attend an exciting opening keynote from award-winning journalist and news anchor Soledad O'Brien.
- Gain hands-on experience with the latest and greatest ed tech through ISTE’s learning playgrounds.
And if that’s not enough, ISTE 2015 attendees will discover a wide range of other valuable opportunities – opportunities for new connections and networking with some of the most passionate people in the education technology industry, as well as demonstrations and discussions around the latest and greatest products to hit the educational technology market this year.
Our own Stevan Vigneaux, director of product management at Mimio, believes that some of the most anticipated topics to be discussed at ISTE move beyond product information. He notes that “Educators need support with the big issues in education technology – everything from software offerings and cloud services, to mobile assessment and collaboration on iPads and other portable devices, as well as advancements with touch displays.”
At the Mimio booth, we will be featuring the MimioProjector™ 280T touch projector. This projector takes students and teachers to a new level of engagement through touch and interactive technology, and it will be on display for educators to experience and interact with. We will also be announcing new developments in mobile technology, so remember to stop by booth #2320 to get a sneak peek of Mimio's newest offerings!