FETC 2017 is just around the corner! This four-day event, held on January 24–27, is a fantastic opportunity to greet old colleagues, meet prospective collaborators, and learn from the pros—including hands-on explorations of the latest hardware, software, and successful strategies for integrating technology across the K-20 curriculum. As always, the conference will be held in The City Beautiful: Orlando, FL. From city attractions to workshops and the booths (don’t miss Boxlight at booth 114!), here’s a sneak peek at what you can expect:
- Get into the spirit of the conference with the “Awesome New Technology!” opening keynote, where a variety of presenters will showcase some of the most interesting and groundbreaking educational technology innovations of the year.
- Discover new uses for your digital learning tools at the first annual Mobile MegaShare—a series of sessions where you will be able to network and collaborate with other educators to learn new ways to engage students with digital tools and resources.
- After a long day of collaboration and learning, relax in the beautiful and quiet Morse Museum of American Art, home to the world’s largest collection of Tiffany glass.
- Develop and grow your computer science knowledge at the 2017 CS Firehose. This pre-conference gathering of computer science educators with 15 session presentations was designed to engage educators and administrators who are developing and maintaining successful computer science programs at their schools.
- Have a chance at winning a $30,000 classroom makeover, including 30 ThinkPad® 11e notebooks, Microsoft Windows 10 software, and 30 Lenovo software licenses.
- Meet your online network in real life while singing your heart out at the 2017 Edtech Karaoke event. Make sure to reserve a VIP badge now so you don’t miss out on this exciting night!
- Explore your endless theme park options in the “Theme Park Capital of the World.” As you’ll quickly learn, “The Most Magical Place on Earth” isn’t just for kids!
- Find new ways to promote students’ success in STEM subjects with new tools and resources such as the Boxlight Labdisc, a portable sensor and data logger that simplifies the lab process so students can focus on the science.
- After working up an appetite in FETC’s 550+ expert led learning opportunities, head over to Sand Lake Road, home to more than a dozen of the best restaurants Orlando has to offer.
- Attend inspiring keynote speeches such as “A Wake-Up Call: Breaking Down Barriers to High-Impact Instruction” presented by Michael Meechin alongside TechShareLive!, as well as presentations by Adam Bellow, CEO of BreakoutEDU and founder of eduClipper; Hall Davidson, Senior Director of Global Learning Initiatives, Discovery Education; Leslie Fisher, Director, lesliefisher.com; and Kathy Schrock, educational technologist and founder of kackl!.
Plus, FETC 2017 will provide a wide range of other valuable opportunities for all who attend: more than 400 sessions and workshops that focus on some of the hottest topics of the year, including STEM learning, leveraging data, and ongoing professional development. In addition to exchanging techniques and strategies for teaching and learning success with colleagues, you’ll be able to meet face-to-face with vendors—like us—to ask questions, test products, and find new ways to bring technology into your classroom.
Remember to visit us at booth #114 and we’ll show what we’ve cooked up to bring interactive learning to a whole new level!