We hope you’re getting ready to head out to the TCEA 2016 Annual Convention and Exposition. This annual event in Austin, Texas, February 3-5, brings together campus- and district-level educators (administrators, teachers, librarians, etc.) to explore technology-related best practices, and products and services for engaging students, increasing productivity, and innovating teaching and learning. Austin is an incredible city – when Austinites say “Keep Austin Weird,” they mean it! So, once you’ve stopped by our booth #1126 (we are one of your first stops, right?), here are some of the other things you can look forward to:
- Enjoy the abundance of talented musicians offered by the “Live Music Capital of the World” − in the airport and in grocery stores, as well as in clubs, coffeehouses, bars, taquerias, auditoriums, and concert halls.
- Expand your tech-integration savvy through more than 900 expert- and peer-led presentations and hands-on learning opportunities.
- Customize your learning experience through a flexible, five-day schedule, and a broad range of sessions in varying presentation formats.
- Visit the exhibit hall to network and investigate resources from more than 450 companies for supporting your teaching and leadership efforts.
- Explore the live entertainment, unique stores, and world-class attractions in the vibrant Warehouse District.
- Discover the full pedagogical potential of your laptop or other mobile devices in BYOD workshops (included with the Premium Registration upgrade).
- Tour the city’s many museums and historic landmarks. Check out one of the most famous attractions, the Texas State Capitol Complex, but wear your walking shoes − it covers 22 acres!
- Delve deep into ways of improving teaching and learning in a specific topic, with the convention’s full-day Academies (included with the Premium Registration upgrade).
- Attend a stimulating opening keynote by Charles Best, founder of the nonprofit DonorsChoose.org.
- Take advantage of Austin’s reputation as a top city for foodies, and sign up for a private or corporate food tour.
That’s just a few of the exciting opportunities and fun activities you’ll find at TCEA 2016. Besides the presentations and workshops, the convention and expo offer networking opportunities with educators in a broad variety of roles, so you’ll be able to informally mine each other’s experiences and expertise. Some of the best ideas and seeds for collaborations emerge in casual settings, so meeting up with colleagues or acquaintances post-session for a meal, snack, drink, or excursion could yield professional bonuses!
Don’t forget that Mimio will be debuting the 4K UHD version of the MimioDisplay™ touch display, available in 75” and 84” sizes, as well as the MimioProjector™ 320LT ultra-short-throw touch projector and MimioProjector™ 3200LT WXGA ultra-wide touch projector. The new 4K UHD format of the MimioDisplay touch display offers a whole new level of high resolution for large-format displays. The two projectors bring collaborative, 10-touch interactivity and images that are simply enormous! The kids in the back of your classroom will see every detail.
Experience it all at Mimio booth #1126!