It’s time to get ready for one of the “must-attend” events for innovative educators: TCEA Annual Convention and Exposition. Held in Austin, Texas from February 6–10, this yearly convention brings together campus- and district-level educators (administrators, teachers, tech directors, media specialists, etc.) to explore educational technology integration and best practices that enhance productivity and build engaging teaching methods. Plus, the event offers stellar networking opportunities!
If you've been to Austin before, you know it’s a melting pot of the weird and the wonderful. And if you’re new to the city, you’re in for a treat!
So, once you’ve stopped by our booth (#817—make a note!), here are some of the other things you can look forward to:
- Getting down on the dance floor at the Continental Club, a 1950s-era lounge designated the “top choice for live music in Austin” by Lonely Planet.
- Exploring the latest trends in education—from makerspaces and explorative learning to Pokémon GO—in the TCEA17 YOUniverse interactive learning area.
- Mixing relaxation and learning as you watch demonstrations and engage in meaningful conversations with presenters in the laid-back environment of the Poster Pavilion.
- Strolling along Austin’s famous West Sixth Street, where you can find everything from craft cocktails and galleries to rustic beer gardens and cult-followed grub.
- Re-energizing with live music, games, contests, and fabulous door prizes at the Convention Social “Get Powered Up” on Thursday, February 9.
- Connecting with ideas and expertise for integrating social media into your repertoire of educational resources at TCEA17 YOUnited, the social media and connection hub of TCEA 2017.
- Catching a show at the Paramount Theatre, an old vaudevillian house dating from 1915, which has staged everything from Broadway productions and stand-up comedy to classic film screenings.
- Being “part of the solution” on Educational Technology Day at the Capitol (February 7) by receiving a briefing on EdTech issues and learning tips for effectively communicating with legislators (advance registration required).
- Attending an uplifting and thought-provoking opening keynote by Shabnam Mogharabi, CEO and executive producer at SoulPancake, an award-winning media and entertainment company that explores “Life’s Big Questions.”
- Taking home an extra dose of inspiration from the closing keynote by Nadia Lopez, a TED Fellow; the founder and principal of Mott Hall Bridges Academy in Brownsville, Brooklyn; and a finalist for the 2016 Global Teachers Prize.
Plus, we’ll be showcasing our ProColor Series interactive flat panel displays. Available in a variety of sizes, the ProColor displays give you all the features of a touch-driven interactive whiteboard combined with the simplicity and elegance of a state-of-the-art, high-definition (HD) or ultra-high definition (4K UHD) LCD Android display.
We’ll be showing you all the Google Classroom apps you can access in addition to our MimioStudio™ classroom software and our MimioMobile™ collaboration and assessment app. Plus, you’ll get a first-hand look at how our newest IR touch sensor lets the interactive screens quickly and accurately respond to up to 10 points of touch from styli or users’ fingers.
Technically that’s 11 things you’ll love at TCEA, but we like to think you put us in our own special category. So, stop by booth #817 and say hello!