We’re here to help you get ready for a new school year! If your students are still in summer break mode, here are some engaging lessons and activities to help draw them back into the learning process:
- CVC Word Lesson: Part of the “Lesson Renovation” series, this lesson uses the CVC spelling pattern to teach short vowel words.
- Long Vowels: As part of the “Get More” series, we’ve added instructional design components to a variety of long vowel lessons found on MimioConnect, making them more engaging and interactive.
- Sound Sort: Another lesson in the “Get More” series, Sound Sort features a great concept for reviewing beginning sounds with plenty of opportunities to practice the skills.
- Short Vowels: The first installment of the “Lesson Renovation” series gives students the opportunity to practice identifying, building, and writing short vowel words.
- Addition With Bubbles: This “Get More” lesson uses bubble reveals to teach addition, with plenty of opportunities for students to practice the skill.
- Graphing Activity: Students can show how they get to school each day by using this simple activity, which provides a fantastic lesson in graphing.
- The Alligator Eater: This fun lesson, aimed at students in the first and second grades, uses a song as an introduction to comparing numbers.
If you enjoyed the above content, consider joining our MimioConnect interactive teaching community to access more of our valuable lesson content and resources. Click here to register today!
New Skills for the New School Year
It’s that time of year again when teachers get back into their classrooms after a well-deserved summer vacation. For many, summer means a chance to rejuvenate and refresh, or possibly be the shuttle service for your own kids as they head to summer camps and other activities. For others, the summer break may be full of learning opportunities or continuing education classes in order to bring new instructional strategies into the classroom. Here are some great opportunities for you to enhance your skills before the school year begins:
Enhanced Teaching and Learning for Your Classroom
Starting a new year might mean the introduction of new technology to use in your classroom—which may include the MimioTeach interactive whiteboard. The MimioTeach instantly transforms your regular whiteboard into an interactive learning area, allowing you to fully embrace many built-in tools to enhance how you teach and how students learn. For some, picking up something new at the start of a busy time of the year can be intimidating. Never fear, Mimio Training is here!
Learn how to get started and really make an impact with the MimioTeach as an instructional tool by joining a quick online training session taught by actual classroom teachers who are experts with using Mimio products and software in their classrooms. You’ll see just how easy it is to get everything you need set up in your classroom and to start seeing the benefits in a matter of minutes. What’s more, if you join any of our MimioTeach Quick Learn sessions in August, you’ll earn a free professional development certificate!
Going Mobile in the Classroom
The start of a new school year may also include the integration of mobile devices in your classroom. Devices such as Chromebooks and iPads are great tools to have in the classroom, but how they are integrated for instruction is key. There are so many individual apps and websites available for teachers to use for instruction, assessment, and other learning activities that it can become overwhelming. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was one app that could do it all?
Fortunately, there is thanks to the MimioMobile app. MimioMobile allows you to use your MimioStudio lessons collaboratively with all of your students. You also have built-in assessment options that allow for typical multiple-choice and true/false questions in addition to short-answer and essay questions. Students can also be given individual control to interact with anything that the teacher has as part of their lesson. With the click of a button, these powerful instruction tools are at your disposal whether they are school-provided or even if students bring their own devices to the classroom. Undoubtedly you’ll have various devices that may be available to use in the classroom—especially if your school has a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program. Not a problem with MimioMobile, as you’ll be able to easily connect all the devices you have for instruction and assessment. Join any of our Mimio Quick Learn training sessions that deal with the MimioMobile app and learn from actual classroom teachers who use the Mimio tools in their classroom. Our “Mimio Goes Mobile” Quick Learn session covers everything from getting started to using your mobile devices most effectively in the classroom.
This is just the beginning of the incredible set of tools available to you from Mimio. Interested in checking out more of the Quick Learn sessions offered this month? Click here to view our complete list!