The countdown is on for the 38th National Future of Education Technology Conference, which will take place from January 23–26. FETC offers educators countless ways to collaborate with colleagues and explore new EdTech for the K-20 classroom. Through keynote presentations, seminars, workshops, and an expo with over 400 different vendors, FETC 2018 will be a valuable professional development opportunity for attendees from all types of educational disciplines and grade levels.
The four-day convention will take place in warm and sunny Orlando, Florida. Between the beautiful city and FETC’s extensive programming, here’s what you won’t want to miss at the conference this year:
- Learn from Sir Ken Robinson—presenter of the most-viewed TED Talk of all time—in his presentation of the opening keynote of the conference, titled “Creative Schools: Revolutionizing Education From the Ground Up.”
- Enjoy some music and entertainment with your dinner at one of the fun themed restaurants in Disney Springs or Universal City Walk.
- Receive specialized EdTech training through one of FETC’s program tracks, including programming for administrators, educators, IT professionals, early learning, and—debuting this year—special education.
- Explore the FETC expo hall with over 400 different vendors to discover new hardware and software to enrich your EdTech experience. Don’t miss Boxlight at booth 13!
- Attend one of the STEM Theater Presentations, 30-minute sessions in which STEM experts from all over the country will discuss the best tools and techniques, as well as innovative ideas and technologies, to grow your STEM curriculum.
- Ride on the Orlando Eye, a 400-foot-tall Ferris wheel that offers views of the city and theme parks and is one of the tallest observation wheels on the East Coast.
- Discover some of the world’s most promising EdTech startups at the FETC 2018 Pitchfest, where the next generation of trailblazers will showcase their cutting-edge products and services.
- Attend an inspiring STEM keynote presentation by Ayanna Howard, named one of the 23 most powerful women engineers by Business Insider, and learn about the value of inclusive STEM education.
- Visit Nature Connects, the current exhibit at the Leu Botanical Gardens, which utilizes LEGO bricks as sculptural art.
- Get a chance to win a $30,000 classroom makeover including 30 ThinkPad® 11e notebooks, Microsoft Windows 10 software, and 30 LanSchool software licenses.
Most importantly, FETC 2018 will provide many opportunities to network, collaborate, and learn with colleagues and EdTech experts from all over the nation. Plus, there are over 600 expert-led learning opportunities that will focus on your most common challenges and technological implementations. In addition to all the new knowledge you will gain at this year’s conference, you’ll be able to discover and try new products and technologies to bring back to your classroom.
Don’t forget to visit Boxlight at booth 13, where we will be previewing several new additions to our whole-class and collaborative instruction solutions. Show attendees will get a firsthand look at how Boxlight is expanding support for the different ways in which educators teach. Plus, you'll learn how we use interactive learning to promote STEM and more!