The turkey has been eaten and it's officially time for the holidays! Get your classroom and students in the holiday spirit with these festive learning packs—we have some great lessons and activities to inspire you all month long.
We have lots to choose from throughout the year on MimioConnect™, our interactive teaching community. These holiday picks will get you started on the right track this month:
Holiday Gallery Pack
This seasonal pack contains fun holiday images, lessons, and activities. Use the templates and clipart to create your own MimioStudio™ lessons, or use our pre-made activities in the Lessons tab. We have recently renovated the lessons, so they utilize all the newer features of the MimioStudio software.
Please note that if you previously downloaded the Holiday Pack, you may want to delete it before adding this one to your MimioStudio Gallery. The lessons have all been adapted to a wider format—more room on each page means more student interactivity and learning!
December Calendar and Morning Meeting Pack
HO HO HO! We have updated, renovated, and expanded the 2017–18 calendars and morning meetings to include all of the lesson pages in both regular and wide formats. They also have a fresh new look!
This themed lesson pack features calendars, morning meeting activities, an attendance chart, daily graphing activity, math activities, and more. Feel free to use it as it is or download something from the NEW Back to School Gallery Pack 2017–18 and switch out pages with the templates and images provided in the pack.
If you enjoyed the above content, consider joining our MimioConnect interactive teaching community to access more of our valuable lesson content and resources. Click here to register today!
If you haven’t had a chance to explore our Quick Learn training sessions recently, you might just be missing out. Not only do you have the opportunity to learn from fellow teachers using our MimioStudio software and/or MimioTeach™ interactive whiteboard in the classroom, you can also learn a lot of simple techniques to improve your use of interactive technology and enhance student learning. As we wrap up 2017, we want to share the top takeaways from each of our 10 Quick Learn training sessions you can join in December:
- The MimioStudio software provides so many great tools and features that are instrumental. Learn all about the main features and get hands-on experience using many of the most basic tools found in the software. This session is one of the most useful starting points for those who are new to MimioStudio as well as those who just need a refresh!
Quick Learn Session: Tour of MimioStudio on December 4 at 7:00pm EST
- Explore all the benefits of a powerful MimioStudio Gallery that is loaded with ready-to-use instructional resources. Learn how to customize the Gallery to make it an even more powerful tool for you.
Quick Learn Session: Using the MimioStudio Gallery on December 5 at 7:00pm EST
- Being able to use lesson resources you already have and easily make them interactive is seen as one of the most beneficial aspects of MimioStudio. You’ll learn how to use favorite tools such as Screen Clipping and the ActivityWizard that will take your lessons to the next level.
Quick Learn Session: MimioStudio: Adding Content on December 6 at 7:00pm EST
- Mobile devices and the various technology you may have available in the classroom unite using the MimioMobile app. Learn how to truly maximize the use of various technologies along with collaboration, assessment, and many teacher management tools—all available at your fingertips.
Quick Learn Session: Mimio Goes Mobile on December 7 at 7:00pm EST
- Gain a clearer understanding of various formatting techniques and learn how you can easily create really effective lessons. Powerful tools such as Grouping, Ordering, and Object Locking are just some of the features that can be integrated together as you develop, refine, or modify your lessons.
Quick Learn Session: MimioStudio: Formatting 1 on December 11 at 7:00pm EST
- Continue the journey of formatting techniques with options that extend the possibilities and interactivity in your lessons. Object cloning, hyperlinking, and animations can add an entirely new dimension to your lessons.
Quick Learn Session: MimioStudio: Formatting 2 on December 12 at 7:00pm EST
- There are many presentation features built in to the MimioStudio software that provide teachers with various ways to hook students. Learn how to use teacher favorites such as the Reveal, Spotlight, and Screen Annotation tools that allow you to add a techy twist to some basic methods in your presentations.
Quick Learn Session: MimioStudio: Presenting Lessons on December 13 at 7:00pm EST
- Learn how to create and integrate interactive lessons using various tools and techniques available in MimioStudio. Discover how you can apply instructional design components as well as maximize instructional and interactive techniques that are proven to engage students.
Quick Learn Session: MimioStudio: Putting Instructional Design to Work on December 13 at 7:30pm EST
- Powerful tools such as the Mimio Recorder, text tools, and the ability for your handwriting to be recognized and turned instantly into digital ink represent some of the “icing on the cake” features teachers also find helpful. Learn how to extend your lessons and get the most out of the MimioStudio software.
Quick Learn Session: MimioStudio: Extending Lessons on December 18 at 7:00pm EST
- The MimioTeach interactive whiteboard can transform learning in any classroom using your existing whiteboard. Discover tips and tricks for getting started using the MimioTeach and putting the power of learning into the hands of students.
Quick Learn Session: MimioTeach on December 19 at 7:00pm EST
Ready to get started? Be sure to sign up for a session (or sessions!) today. Not only will you discover how to better use these products to enhance teaching and learning in your classroom, the gift of a professional development certificate comes ready to unwrap with each session.
Happy Holidays and enjoy the tips, training, and content!