As the new year begins, we’re gearing up for the 39th National Future of Education Technology Conference (FETC), which will be taking place from January 27–30. The four-day event offers educators a chance to catch up with colleagues, collaborate on new ideas, and discover the latest and greatest in K-20 education technology.
The conference will be held in warm and sunny Orlando, Florida, making for a brief mid-winter getaway for those who live up north. Between the sights of the city and the countless presentations, seminars, workshops, and expo booths FETC has to offer, here’s what to expect at the conference this year:
- Attend an inspiring opening keynote from Sal Khan, the founder of Khan Academy, a non-profit that brings free online courses to 52 million registered students in 190 countries through an online platform with over 6,500 video lessons and 150,000 practice problems.
- Select from over 175 workshops and 425 targeted sessions in five program tracks catered to educators, administrators, IT specialists, accessibility and special education, and early learning.
- Visit one of Orlando’s quirky specialty museums such as Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando, Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition, or The Holy Land Experience.
- Engage with the conference-favorite Tech Share Live, a look at the latest and greatest EdTech gadgets, apps, hardware, and software led by leading experts––back by popular demand!
- Have a chance at winning a $30,000 classroom makeover from Lenovo, including 30 ThinkPad® 11e notebooks, Microsoft Windows 10 software, and 30 Lenovo software licenses.
- Take a break from the conference at the Orlando House of Blues, with a daily happy hour and live music on the porch every evening during the conference.
- Discover what’s new and emerging in EdTech with FETC’s 2019 Pitchfest and Startup Pavilion, showcasing the next generation of trailblazers and over 20 growing EdTech companies.
- Explore FETC’s expansive Expo Hall, hosting over 400 companies with detailed presentations and hands-on demonstrations of innovative EdTech solutions, from in-class devices to school-wide software.
- Enjoy some delicious and affordable tacos and burritos at a local favorite, Gringos Locos, voted best cheap eats of Orlando in the 2018 Orlando Sentinel Foodie Awards.
- Dive into sessions focused on hot topics in EdTech this year, including robotics and programming, creativity in the classroom, and augmented reality.
Plus, find dozens of other valuable opportunities to network with other educators, share best practices, and discover new tools and methods to bring back to your school.
As always, be sure to visit Boxlight at booth 109 in the Expo Hall to see all of our great products, and be the first to see some of our latest products and software premiering at this show. Have fun at FETC and let us know what you see at the show that has you most excited!
Click here to get all the details on what we will be demoing at the Boxlight booth and schedule some time to chat with one of our education specialists.