Finals are over and, hopefully, you had a chance to unwind during the Memorial Day weekend. So, are you rested and ready for the 2016 ISTE Conference & Expo? This annual event, the biggest ed-tech conference in the United States, is just around the corner: June 26-29.
For 2016, the conference and expo are being held in the “Mile High City” – Denver, CO – and we’ve compiled a short list of conference and city attractions that you won’t want to miss. To enjoy the full experience of ISTE 2016, consider doing the following:
- Pose for pictures with the city’s famous 40-foot Blue Bear sculpture (formally named “I See What You Mean”), which peers into the Colorado Convention Center’s interior.
- Customize your professional learning experience by choosing from more than 1,000 sessions in a variety of formats, including lectures, BYODs, and hands-on learning environments.
- Attend one of the new preconference (June 25-26) ISTE Learning Academies, for in-depth sessions on classroom learning with the Google and Apple ecosystems.
- Listen to fresh instructional ideas from some of the best and brightest presenters under age 35, in the Young Educator Strand.
- Visit the Flexible Learning Session Room (Room 705/707/709 in the conference center) to experience its moveable and modular furniture and demonstrations of flexible learning concepts.
- Watch the Colorado Rockies face off against the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Toronto Blue Jays in the Coors Field Stadium.
- Explore interactive technologies that enhance creativity and learning in ISTE’s expanded playground lineup.
- Join fellow educators for lively after-hours discussions at the new ISTE Campfires, a participant-driven series of breakout events, organized by topic.
- Get quick, comprehensive overviews of a topic with the ISTE Ignite sessions’ rapid-fire round-robin series of fast-paced perspectives on a common topic or theme − back by popular demand!
- Hear a fascinating opening keynote by Michio Kaku, Ph.D., a futurist and theoretical physicist whose major claim to fame is making science accessible to all audiences.
Of course, ISTE 2016 will also give you the opportunity to build your personal PLN by connecting with other educators, as well as with technology leaders, innovators, and ed-tech companies. You’ll be networking with nearly 21,000 educators, education leaders, and corporate representatives from around the world.
That network of contacts and knowledge includes us. So, visit our booth (#3311) and attend one of our sessions on learning and technology. You can see the full list here and also get details on the social media contest we’ll be running throughout the show. If you're a contest winner, you'll get a classroom license for MimioStudio™ software and the MimioMobile™ app!
This will be Mimio’s first show since we merged with interactive classroom technology manufacturer Boxlight Corporation. We’re excited to have this chance to show you what the combined power of our software, interactive tools, and unparalleled service will bring to today’s education market. That includes our newly expanded line of P12 laser interactive projectors with 10-point touch, which enable large-scale collaborative learning with extraordinary brightness and clarity.
So stop by booth #3311 to get a close-up, hands-on experience with the patented Boxlight interactive technology, plus more Boxlight offerings!