Summer is here and it’s time to kick back, relax, and unwind after a long year of teaching!
But once you’ve recharged, why not use some of your free time over the break to learn something new? Check out the selection of Quick Learn sessions being offered this month:
- MimioTeach: Discover how to begin using the MimioTeach™ portable interactive whiteboard in your classroom. You will advance your skills and understand how to use the MimioStudio™ classroom software and products more effectively. Session available July 16 and 23 at 11:00am ET.
- MimioStudio: Putting Instructional Design to Work: Learn how to use the MimioStudio classroom software to integrate instructional design components into your lessons and activities, increasing their effectiveness. Session available July 17 at 6:00pm ET.
- A Tour of MimioStudio: Explore and practice the basics of getting started with MimioStudio classroom software, including using the MimioStudio toolbar and menu. Session available July 18 and 24 at 11:00am ET.
- Using the MimioStudio Gallery: Explore the MimioStudio Gallery and learn how to use the various features to add content to your lessons. Session available July 19 and 25 at 11:00am ET.
- MimioStudio: Adding Content: Learn how to prepare engaging, interactive lessons using the MimioStudio ActivityWizard, as well as how to add existing resources. Session available July 20 and 26 at 11:00am ET.
- MimioStudio: Formatting I: Learn how to employ various MimioStudio lesson-formatting techniques to build engaging activities for students on a daily basis. Session available July 27 at 11:00am ET.
- MimioStudio: Formatting II: Recognize additional MimioStudio lesson-formatting techniques that facilitate interactivity within your lessons. Session available July 30 at 11:00am ET.
- MimioStudio: Presenting Lessons: Explore the MimioStudio tools that simplify lesson presentation and enrich the learning experience. Session available July 31 at 11:00am ET.
On-Demand Training Options
Can’t make it to the sessions above, or not yet sure how much free time you’ll have this month? No problem! We have a ton of On-Demand training options for you to choose from when you have time, including recordings of Quick Learn sessions, video tutorials, and webinar recordings. Here’s a taste of what you can learn about:
- Quick Learn Recordings: Our On-Demand Quick Learn recordings let you learn on your own at a time that best suits you. Available on any device with internet access, sessions include Using the MimioStudio Gallery, Mimio Goes Mobile, MimioConnect Resources, A Tour of MimioStudio, and more.
- Video Tutorials: These short videos provide information on various aspects of Boxlight educational technology to help you get up and running quickly. Spend five minutes learning MimioStudio basics, how to use the MimioMobile app, setting up the MimioTeach portable interactive whiteboard, and more!
- Webinar Recordings: These free informative sessions focus on the effective use of our interactive teaching technologies and content, such as our MimioMobile™ collaboration app, Labdisc portable STEM lab, and MimioStudio classroom software. Each webinar is recorded so that we can make it available to those who missed it—or those who want to hear it again.
MimioConnect Online Educator Community
If you’re looking to dive into planning for next year’s lessons, consider joining MimioConnect®, our interactive teaching community. When you become a member of our growing online community, you’ll gain access to a wealth of new content. You can download valuable teacher-created lessons from the site and contribute your own favorites. Our extensive library of lessons, activities, and graphics can help you take your Boxlight products to the next level.
You can also connect with your peers, become involved in discussions on our forums, or start your own Boxlight Group for sharing files and ideas. And if you need to get answers to specific questions, take advantage of our MimioConnect Masters. Click here to register today and enjoy access to our valuable lesson content and resources for back to school and all year long!
Summer Blog Reading List
Looking for fun suggestions, professional development opportunities, and ways to recharge and relax during your summer break? Check out these blogs for inspiration:
- Summer Recharge
- Sun, Sand, and Summer Training Opportunities
- 50 Reasons Teachers Love Summer Break
- 50 Reasons Students Love Summer
- How to Get Your Professional and Personal Resources Organized for Summer and Beyond
- Summer Reading Picks for Educators
- Unplug and Get Outside!
- I Landed a New Teaching Job—Now What? (Part One)
- EdTech Companies Educators Love
- 6 Free Guides to Help You Bring EdTech Into Your School
- 18 Steps to Get Organized With Tech Before the New School Year
- School-Wide Expectations to Start the Year
For more great content all summer long, be sure to subscribe to the Educator blog.