This year’s TCEA convention and expo will be an event you won’t want to miss. Held from February 5–9 in Austin, Texas, TCEA is the place for innovative educators to network, collaborate, and learn more about the current trends in EdTech.
This show gathers K-20 administrators, teachers, and techies alike around the latest tools and tips that support teaching and learning. It also offers plenty of opportunities to reconnect with your colleagues, make new acquaintances, and learn new ideas that could enhance your career. Better yet, maybe you will be that change agent to help others!
Here’s why we think attending TCEA will be one of the best decisions you’ll make this year:
- Test some of the newest technologies you’ve been dying to get your hands on—from virtual reality to 3D cameras—in TCEA’s interactive learning playgrounds, happening all week.
- Experience one of Austin’s last true dancehalls, the Broken Spoke, where you can eat a classic chicken fried steak and learn how to two-step along to a Texan honky-tonk band.
- Get inspired by the opening keynote speech given by Marlee Matlin, an actress, writer, activist, and a strong advocate for accessibility for those who are hearing impaired.
- Collaborate with other educators in solution circles, a series of topic-led round-table discussions about common problems and possible solutions when taking on new EdTech initiatives.
- Discover the best breakfast tacos in Austin, a city known for its distinct Tex-Mex cuisine.
- Explore the TCEA 2018 exhibit hall with over 450 exhibiting companies (including Boxlight at booth 717!), where you’ll discover the latest products to help you achieve your EdTech goals.
- Catch a cool jazz set at the Elephant Room, an underground jazz bar with live music 7 days a week.
- For new educators, join “Surviving and Thriving: From Pre-Service to the First Year,” a special strand focused on new teacher needs, such as classroom management tactics and finding the best tools and resources.
- Participate in TCEA’s first-ever Global Education Day, a highly interactive meetup where educators will hear Ignite Talks from noted global educators and leaders, as well as round-table discussions, resource sharing, and networking opportunities.
- Attend the closing keynote presentation by Judge Glenda Hatchett, who is a judge, television personality, and most importantly, an advocate for troubled children and teens.
From the convention center to the city of Austin, TCEA 2018 offers endless opportunities for an enriching and exciting week with peers and colleagues. All who attend will be met with dozens of different ways to get engaged within the TCEA community, including lectures, hands-on workshops, and professional networking. Plus, you’ll be able to meet face to face with vendors (like us at booth 717!) to learn about new tools and resources as well as ask questions.