With the turn of another new year comes another round of EdTech conferences and expos. First up on the docket for 2020 is the 40th annual Future of Education Technology Conference, better known as FETC, being held this year in warm and sunny Miami, Florida. The conference—held from January 14–17—is right around the corner, and we’re getting excited for all of the opportunities the event has in store.
Here are eight things we’re looking forward to at FETC 2020:
- The new Esports Gaming Area at booth 4837, where you can experience live gaming and competition firsthand. Learn more about this new extracurricular opportunity that’s generating so much excitement and student engagement in schools all over the country.
- Devouring an authentic Cuban sandwich––or three––to curb that warm pork sandwich craving until next year. The locals’ favorite spots for getting a Cuban include La Carreta, Versailles, and Sergio’s.
- An EdTech expo hall unlike any other, with over 400 leading solution providers spread out over a space the size of 62 basketball courts. This is where you can view live demos, meet face to face with suppliers, ask questions, and even get an opportunity to test solutions yourself.
- Exploring Miami Beach’s Art Deco Historic District, a neighborhood recognized by the National Register of Historic Places that has over 800 buildings and structures built between 1923 and 1943.
- Two new session tracks created for library media specialists and EdTech coaches. Library media specialists will learn how to promote collaboration, personalization, and learning creation to ensure the learning needs of students at your school are met. The “Future of Ed Tech Coach” track will give insights on instructional tech, personalized learning materials, and pedagogical methods to mentor and train educators in your district.
- An opening keynote from best-selling nonfiction author Daniel Pink on leadership, innovation, and the surprising truth of human motivation. Then––to close out the conference––a STEM keynote from Justin Shaifer, executive director of Fascinate, Inc., discussing practical steps for bringing STEM to the classroom.
- Free admission to the Institute of Contemporary Art Miami, where you can discover a unique calendar of current exhibitions of art from both local and international artists.
- Networking with the 10,000+ teachers, administrators, industry professionals, and EdTech enthusiasts who are expected to attend the conference this year. Exchange your EdTech ideas, experiences, and best practices with other educators and leave the conference with a wider net of peers in the field.
Along with all these exciting reasons to check out FETC, Boxlight will also be showcasing our innovative solutions during the conference! Stop by booth #4222 to check out our newest technology:
- NEW Series 3 ProColor Interactive Flat Panels: Featuring 20-touch technology, our ultra-high-definition LED flat panel Android displays offer new apps that allow for device screen streaming as well as control of and reporting on the operation of your ProColor displays.
- Mimio MyBot and ShareSpace’s Giant Moon and Mars Map Bundles: The Giant Moon Map™ and Giant Mars Map™ from ShareSpace Education, a key program of the the Aldrin Family Foundation, are integrated with the Mimio MyBot educational robotics system, allowing students to develop core skills in programing, robotics, and engineering.
Between the opportunities for learning, networking, and discovering new EdTech solutions along with the unique food and art scene in Miami, FETC 2020 is an event you won’t want to miss.
Are you planning to attend the conference this year? Let us know in the comments below, and make sure to visit us at booth #4222 in the expo hall. To find out more about what Boxlight will be showcasing at FETC 2020, or to schedule a personal demo, be sure to check out our website before the show!