Industry Influencers Leading the Way
As we enter a new school year, we thought it would be interesting to look at the change-makers leading the way in EdTech this year. Previously, we created a comprehensive list of the top 20 influencers in education technology, and earlier this year, we shared 10 more industry leaders. The EdTech industry is constantly growing and changing, so today we're sharing five more innovative influencers making active change to shape education for the future.
- Allan Golston is the president of the U.S. program at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, where he leads efforts to advance student achievement. He believes education provides a bridge to opportunity unlike any other in America, and works to ensure all young people have the education and opportunity they deserve. The U.S. program focuses on equity programs that help provide high-quality education and success in college and careers for all students, with an increased emphasis on low-income students and students of color.
- Matthew A. Kraft is an education and economics professor at Brown University, where his research includes the economics of education and education policy analysis. His primary work focuses on efforts to improve educator and organizational effectiveness in K-12 urban public schools. Kraft’s research acts as a strong influence for increasing accessibility and educational equity.
- Eric Sheninger is a former educator and current senior fellow and thought leader on digital leadership with the International Center for Leadership in Education (ICLE). His work focuses on leading and learning in the digital age as a model for moving schools and districts forward. Through his efforts, Sheninger has helped create the Pillars of Digital Leadership, a framework to help educators create sustainable change in their schools.
- Wesley A. Fryer, Ph.D. is a teacher, technology director, and digital learning consultant working to promote creative engagement and collaborative learning in schools. He is the creator of Moving at the Speed of Creativity, a highly rated podcast that focuses on tech literacy, blended learning, and educational leadership. Fryer also contributes to the EdTech Situation Room, a podcast and webshow combining technology and educational analysis. He also creates a wide variety of other helpful resources for educators, including several books, a blog, and workshops.
- Doug Lemov is managing director at Teach Like a Champion and author of several books of the same name. Teach Like a Champion is part of Uncommon Impact, an Uncommon Schools initiative that works to bring training and resources to educators around the country to close the achievement gap. The initiative provides educators with techniques, training, books, a blog, and other resources to build a framework to achieve success with their students.
These are just a few of the change-makers who are currently influencing the EdTech industry to make a positive change in schools all around the country. The work of these leaders acts as a catalyst to promote digital and educational equity, fight achievement gaps, and support educators with leadership and teaching resources.
Who else is making a change in the education space? Let us know below! To keep informed of other trends and changes in the EdTech industry, be sure to subscribe to our blog.>>